2. Letter of Introduction

Andre Cunningham

222 Emerald Avenue

Winston, NY, 11003

(347) – 412 -3343

acunnin001@citymail.cuny.edu

February 6, 2019

Prof. Nancy Clark

ENGL 21007 Instructor

City College of New York

160 Convent Avenue

New York, NY 10031

Dear Mrs. Nancy Clark,

My name is Andre Cunningham. I am a freshman at City College currently in my second semester majoring in electrical engineering. I plan to pursue for a bachelor’s degree and take around a 2-3 year break to go for my master’s degree. With electrical engineering, I would love my career to be working with the electronics of automobiles. If this does not work out for me, I would move towards either an IT position or the power industry. My current goals at the moment plays around my GPA as I underestimated college the first semester. My GPA is still at a high number but to secure the best future, getting it higher would be the best.

I plan to graduate out of City College in 4 years meaning I will come out of college the year of 2022. By then, I expect electrical and self driving cars to be, if not fully developed, near to be complete. Since I want to move my career into the automobile industry, I would most likely work on these cars since they are the cars of the “future” and there is a chance that modern gas cars will be left behind. As an electrical engineer, my job of building cars would not change as I will most likely still work on the drivetrain of the car. This section of the car works on how power will be provided to the wheels. Other things that electrical engineers can work on includes development on motors and motor controllers. For my secondary positions, IT and power industry worker, I would only expect more jobs to be available as there will be a higher demand for electricity but done in the same way unless a new technique becomes available such as a greater source of natural energy.

Out of the field of electrical engineering, other engineering fields will have an impact in the future. One example, that most people usually overlook, is environmental engineering. Many people don’t really stress the effects of our bad practices with the environment because it does not affect any of us now and most likely won’t affect us as long as we are alive but the future generation will feel it for sure. New Delhi, a city with major pollution already experiences this problem but most of the world has forgotten about them as it does not affect other parts of the world but in the future this pollution can begin to appear everywhere. This is when the environmental engineers come in and help stop the pollution to create a cleaner environment for the Earth. Another example, dealing with automobiles, mechanical and computer engineers will come together in order to create the self driving cars, combing lines of codes with the movement of the car. Altogether, the future holds a spot for all types on engineering.

If you have any more questions, feel free to use the contact information at the top and I hope to hear from you in the future.

Best Regards,

Andre Cunningham